Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Shifting Tides in a New Direction

Yes I know I have only been blogging for a short time but I have found that my quest to get out of debt is not exciting. While it is something I am still chasing, I have found that I am on top of it and right now I just do not have anything to blog about. So I decided there would be just a general theme to this. It will be a place that I can share anything that I want.

As my Debt Diet I was trying to keep my theme focused on that and not go in any new directions. I will still talk about my successes and share my progress with all but I am wanting to write so many other things. Therefore, today we shift the tides....

At the urging of my sister I have decided to do something I have not done in a long time. Read. She called me Sunday night and told me that if I did not read anything else I had to read the book "Three Weeks with my Brother" by Nicholas Sparks. Now I am not much of a reader but I decided I would follow her advice and read this book.

Last night I started it and even though I have not gotten through the second chapter yet I have found it to be interesting. Before I could get through the first chapter I was thinking about the relationship I have with both my sister and brother. We are very close and I am so happy that we are. Immediately I started wondering if either or both of them would consider taking a trip like that with me. I have been thinking about going to Ireland on a tour, how much fun would it be for two or three of us to go.

Ok well now it is time I head off to bed. I must go read more of the book before I drift off to sleep. Stay tuned for more on the book or memories that get triggered.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I know what you mean...it definitely triggered some memories! I think this is especially true because we are the around the same ages.

Greg and Christie said...

Nice she didn't call me and encourage me to read!!!!